School of Humanities and Sciences
The minor in Spanish is for students who want to combine acquisition of linguistic competence with the study of the literatures and cultures of the Spanish-speaking world.
What You'll Study
Both the minor in Portuguese and the minor in Spanish are for students who want to combine acquisition of linguistic competence with the study of the literatures and cultures of the Lusophone or Spanish-speaking worlds. Each minor requires 30 units of course work taken for a letter grade. Up to 5 units of course work outside the department, and up to 15 units of second-year and above Spanish or Portuguese language courses (not including conversational courses) may count toward these minors with the approval of the Chair of Undergraduate Studies.
- Iberian and Latin American Cultures
- Minors in Spanish and Portuguese
- Division of Literatures, Cultures, and Languages
- School of Humanities & Sciences
- Learn more about Spanish in the Stanford Bulletin