School of Humanities and Sciences
Gain an understanding of Jewish history, language, literature, religion, thought and politics.
What You'll Study
The Jewish Studies major provides students with an understanding of Jewish history, language, literature, religion, thought and politics. A minor can help introduce students to Jewish Studies beyond a superficial level and deepen their understanding of Jewish languages like Hebrew and Yiddish. Drawing from the Humanities, and the Social Sciences, the Jewish Studies major seeks to help students understand Jewish identity, thought and self-expression within larger historical and social contexts, and to develop their ability to analyze human experience from different disciplinary perspectives.
- Taube Center for Jewish Studies
- About the Stanford Global Studies Division
- School of Humanities & Sciences
- Learn more about Jewish Studies in the Stanford Bulletin
- See IntroSems Related to this Major
Understanding Jews (AMSTUD 215)